||Development Officer – The Whiting
||Non – Exempt – Part-Time, Approx. 16 hours per week
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct thorough research of potential public and private funding sources that can finance new and existing programs and capital projects at The Whiting/Capitol Theatre.
- Maintain a year-long calendar of due-dates for grant submission and reports. This includes responsibility for communicating due dates to the various departments to ensure that submissions and reports are handled in a timely manner.
- Write and prepare proposals for submission to public and private funding sources. This includes collecting necessary data for grant proposals.
- Prepare progress reports, final reports and financial reimbursement requests for grant-funded projects.
- Work with the various FCCC staff as needed in preparation of FCCC joint proposals, final reports and financial reporting.
- Maintain office files related to grant submissions and to grant-funded projects.
- Utilize Tessitura (Development Software) to record donor information, produce mailing lists, donor queries and reports.
- Support the overall operation of the development efforts by participating in program planning, preparing solicitation letters and other correspondence, special events and other fundraising campaigns and participating in other development activities as requested by the Director of Development.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Two years’ related work experience including: research and proposal development of grants and experience with fund-raising in non-profit setting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Outstanding grammar and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to complete complex tasks successfully.
- Strong document management skills
- The ability to work as a team member in the Development Department and in individual project teams that develop projects for grant funding.
- Ability to become proficient in Development database software such as Tessitura and Foundation Directory Online.
Email or send resume, cover letter and references to:
Flint Cultural Center Corporation
601 E Second St
Flint, MI 48503
||10.9.18 *Posting will remain active until filled.