Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Non Union
Status: Full time
Schedule: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Assists in the overall design and configuration of server and workstation environment and provides an escalation point for Service Center. Plans, installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots data and communication systems and networks, servers, applications, and associated assemblies. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
Works under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer or designee who reviews work for conformance with established policies and procedures.
• 2+ years supporting a large enterprise network environment. Education may substitute for two years of experience on a year for year basis.
• Working knowledge of:
o Microsoft Server operating systems and common server hardware configurations such as RAID
o Common Microsoft service roles such as Active Directory, IIS, and File and Print Sharing
o Network concepts such as OSI, TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and project management abilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads, supervisors, and other Medical Center personnel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field
• Previous IT experience in a professional environment
• Industry training or certifications such as MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, etc.
• Experience with one or more of the following:
o System virtualization using technologies such as ESX or Hyper-V
o Application virtualization using technologies such as XenApp or RemoteApp
o Network switch, router, firewall, WAN, VPN, and/or WIFI hardware, configuration, and standards
o HA configurations using failover clustering, load balancing, or other mechanisms
o Physical data center management such as cooling, fire suppression, and power distribution
o Linux, AIX, or other Unix type operating systems
o IP telephony, video conferencing, and other communications systems
o Scripting and automation using BASH, PowerShell, Python, or similar
o Active system monitoring, alerting, and reporting
o Data governance requirements for HIPAA, PCI, or similar regulations
o Business continuity, disaster recovery, and system backup
o System and network security scanning, auditing, and remediation
o Centrally managed endpoint malware, security, and system update solutions
o SQL server management and maintenance
o Cloud hosting providers such as Amazon EC2, Google, or Azure
o Other specialized technology skillsets not listed