Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 1603
Status: Full time
Performs a variety of duties in the operating room area to assist the surgical team. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
Works under the direction of a Nurse Manager or registered professional nurse.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High School graduate and/or GED equivalent.
• Completion of an accredited or military Surgical Technology Program.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain empathetic attitude toward patients.
• Ability to keep records and make reports; sufficient strength to lift moderately heavy objects.
• Ability to interact effectively with patients, physicians, Medical Center staff and the public.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Certification or eligibility for certification as a Surgical Technician from the National Association of Certified Surgical Technology preferred.
NOTE: Incumbents with less than two (2) years of experience as a surgical technician will be allocated to a Level 18. Incumbents with two (2) years or more years of experience as a surgical technician will be allocated to a Level 20.