Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 2056
Status: Part time & Extern
Schedule: 3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m.
Administers and instructs all phases of respiratory therapy including mechanical ventilation to neonatal, pediatric, and critical care patients. Performs emergency procedures such as cardiac and pulmonary resuscitation and airway maintenance. Transports patients receiving oxygen and mechanical ventilation. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior. Works under the supervision of a Respiratory Therapy Supervisor or designee who assigns and inspects work for conformance with policies, procedures, and standards.
• Registration by the National Board for Respiratory Therapy as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
• Licensed through the State of Michigan as a Respiratory Therapist.
• Graduation from an AMA approved Respiratory Therapy Registry Program.
• Knowledge of modern principles, methods, materials, and equipment of Respiratory Therapy.
• Knowledge of possible hazards to patients and of appropriate precautionary measures.
• Ability to maintain records and make accurate reports, involving the use of computerized information.
• Ability and willingness to work in a manner that will not endanger the safety of self, others, or equipment.
• Ability to lift and bend during CPR and to transfer and reposition adult and infant patients.
• Ability to push equipment, supply carts, cylinders, wheelchairs, gurneys, etc. ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 400 lbs. or more.
• Ability to lift equipment, boxes, stock items ranging from 3 lbs. to 60 lbs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Medical Center employees, physicians, patients, and the public.