Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 1603
Status: Full time & Part time
Assists pharmacists in processing medication orders for inpatients and outpatients. Performs technical tasks associated with the preparation, packaging, and dispensing of medications. Prepares reports and delivers completed medication orders to nursing units. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
Works under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist who assigns and checks work for proper completion and conformance with established procedures.
• High school diploma or GED. [See Necessary Special Requirement.]
• Ability to type related Pharmacy documents accurately.
• Ability to perform semi-complex mathematical computations including basic algebra, decimals, fractions, and proportions.
• Ability to understand and follow specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain simple clerical records and to prepare reports from such records.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with fellow workers and other Medical Center employees.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
• Must have a valid Pharmacy Technician license in the State of Michigan at hire.
• As a condition of continued employment must maintain a Pharmacy Technician OR Pharmacy Intern license.