Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 1603
Status: Full time
Provides basic nursing care to patients, and assists in complex nursing care. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior. Works under the supervision of a Nurse Manager or registered professional nurse or designee who reviews work for conformance to established standards.
• High school graduate and/or GED equivalent.
• Successful completion of a formal nursing assistant training program including six (6) months of satisfactory clinical experience.
• Demonstrated clinical competency.
• Knowledge of aseptic techniques.
• Physical and emotional health sufficient to enable employee to perform the normally assigned duties of the position.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend English, and to clearly and accurately document activities.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to keep required records and make reports.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations such as percentages and unit conversions.
• Ability to maintain an empathetic attitude toward patients and harmonious working relationships with Medical Center staff and the public.
• Successful completion of Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (BLS)