Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
Union: Local 1603
Status: Part time
Performs more complex clerical functions in Laboratory setting involving filing, posting, report preparation, and similar clerical tasks requiring a moderate degree of decision-making. Answers telephones, collects fees, explains procedures, resolves routine problems/complaints, and may in other ways assist as necessary. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior. Works under the supervision of the Administrator Director of Laboratory or designee who assigns and checks work for completeness and accuracy.
• Highs School Diploma or GED including or supplemented by business courses. Courses in biology and chemistry preferred.
• One (1) year of experience in responsible office work.
• Working knowledge of office practices and procedures, business English, spelling, and arithmetic.
• Manual dexterity to perform specimen preparation methods.
• Ability to write legibly and to read and interpret data.
• Ability to perform specimen preparation methods.
• Ability to make rapid and accurate arithmetic calculations and tabulations.
• Ability to maintain and keep clerical records and to prepare reports from such records.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with co-workers, Medical Center employees, physicians, visitors, and the general public.