Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 2056
Status: Full time
Sets up equipment and positions patients for diagnostic x-rays; positions patients for examinations; assists physicians by performing sterile procedures; develops x-ray films; maintains film files and other records. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.Works under the administrative and technical supervision of the Diagnostic Radiology Supervisor or designee and the medical supervision of the Medical Director of Radiology.
• Completion of a recognized two (2) year program in Diagnostic Radiology.
• Registration by the ARRT as a radiographer.
• Working knowledge of the methods and techniques of x-ray photography, including positioning patients, adjusting and operating equipment, and processing and developing x-ray films.
• Knowledge of human anatomy as related to diagnostic radiologic work.
• Knowledge of effective methods and techniques in administering diagnostic x-rays, of the hazards involved in this work for equipment operators and patients, and of effective precautionary measures.
• Ability to maintain records and files of photographic work.
• Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with physicians, patients, public, and other Medical Center personnel.