Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
Union: Local 2056
Status: Part time and Full time available
Operates computed tomography (CT) scanner to produce cross-sectional radiographs of patient's body for diagnostic purposes. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior. Works under the overall supervision of the departmental director or designee who reviews work for conformance to established policies, procedures, and standards. May receive medical supervision from the Medical Director of Radiology or designee.
• Completion of a recognized educational program in Diagnostic Radiology.
• Six (6) months of work experience as a registered Radiologic Technologist performing CT exams.
• Working knowledge of the methods and techniques of diagnostic imaging, including positioning patients, adjusting and operating equipment, and processing images.
• Knowledge of human anatomy as related to CT imaging.
• Knowledge of effective methods and techniques in administering CT x-rays, the hazards involved for equipment operators and patients, and effective precautionary measures.
• Ability to maintain records and files of photographic work.
• Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with physicians, patients, the public, and other Medical Center staff.
• Registration by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) as a Radiologic Technologist and a Computed Tomography Technologist.