This position will work with the Education and Outreach curatorial staff to design and coordinate all early childhood education initiatives for Sloan Museum and Longway Planetarium. This will include the design of curriculum and delivery programs both in Sloan*Longway facilities and off site at regional schools and institutions. This position requires a flexible schedule as programs may occur during morning and afternoons on weekdays along with some evening and weekend work.
- Serves in a lead position on the development, management, delivery, and evaluation of early childhood education programs. These programs will take place both in the museum and planetarium and in classrooms and institutions throughout the region.
- Delivers programs to school groups, organized groups, and families.
- Cultivates relationships and engagement with early childhood educators and families.
- Provides training for Sloan*Longway Education and Outreach staff to ensure delivery of high-quality programming.
- Assists with the development of formative and summative evaluation instruments for programs and initiatives. Responsible for administering evaluation instruments for all programs this position may oversee.
- Works, as needed, with the marketing manager on development of education publications, museum brochures, and interpretive materials.
- Assists with the departmental budget.
- Oversees the ordering and procurement of appropriate supplies and materials for classes, workshops, and other program initiatives.
- Attends meetings and conferences pertinent to museum education and programs.
- Assists with the recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Provides support for other Sloan*Longway Education and Outreach team programs.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an early childhood classroom.
- Excellent communication skills, both with children and adults.
- Ability to work well with educators, children, and the general public, one-on-one and in groups.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining good oversight to details.
- Willingness to support all programming initiatives of the Sloan*Longway Education and Outreach team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.