Mass Transportation Authority
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Bus Attendants are responsible for assisting passengers to and from the vehicle, as well as assisting with any items the passenger is carrying.
SUPERVISED BY: SERVICE CENTER MANAGER
- Assist passengers from inside the door of their location to an MTA vehicle (bus, van or automobile) in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist passengers from an MTA vehicle (bus, van or automobile) through the door of their destination in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist passengers with items they are carrying
- Assist passenger with attire appropriate for weather conditions
- Provide contact information to facilitate timely arrival & departure
- Other duties, as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each principal duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have concern and consideration for handling of all passengers
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Education or GED
- Ability to enter and exit bus repetitively and independently using the stairs
- Daily use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects
- Ability to reach with arms and hands
- Ability to tolerate working in a confined space: a bus
WAGE RATE – $9.25 per hour
Apply in person at the MTA Administration Building, 1401 S. Dort Hwy., Flint OR at any MTA location. Submit resumes to email@example.com. MTA is an equal opportunity employer!