|This is a part time position. Mostly working weekends and evenings--as needed—approximately 10 to 20 hours a week.
Accurately sell tickets to customers at the ticket window, process mail and fax orders and answer telephone inquiries in a team environment.
- Greet customers with a pleasant welcome and offer assistance.
- Assist patrons with any questions or concerns regarding tickets to events, Whiting Auditorium and the Flint Cultural Center Corporation.
- Sell the requested tickets according to established policies and procedures.
- Assure each guest that they have purchased the quantity of tickets that they desired in their desired location or in the best available seats at the time of their order.
- Assume responsibility for money, unused and voided tickets and the reconciliation of cash and sold tickets on the User Drawer reports, as well as any shortages incurred while on duty.
- Keep a steady movement of customers at the ticket windows.
- Provide information and assistance to customers who have telephoned the ticket office.
- Utilize Cultural Center wide promotional materials and memos to ascertain an awareness of other institutions in the Flint Cultural Center Corporation and the programs offered by them.
- Answer the main line of the Flint Cultural Center Corporation and direct the incoming calls appropriately.
- Arrive on time and ready to work for scheduled shifts.
- Maintain a neat appearance and wear the appropriate style of dress.
- Maintain and update accurate constituent records.
- Assist in special projects including data entry, filing, bulk and general mailings, as requested.
- Act as general reception for the Whiting Auditorium.
- Mandatory attendance at Ticket Center Team meetings and workshops.
- Accurate typing skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency at providing client and customer service and satisfaction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a team to achieve goals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of computerized ticketing systems and box office ticket operations preferred.
- Knowledge of ticket selling policies and procedures, preferred.