For history buffs and curious residents alike, this tour will feature iconic spaces and places throughout the county. You will learn about some of our county’s unique assets while touring our cherished relics of days past.
- Frances Willson Thompson Library – Genesee Historical Collections Center – guided tour
- Whaley Historic House Museum – guided tour
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church – guided tour
- Durant Dort Carriage Headquarters – presentation on mid-century modern architecture in Flint and Genesee County, self-guided tours
- Glenwood Cemetery – guided walking tour
A lot of walking will be taking place on this tour. This tour requires that you take the bus to all locations. One bus will go to each stop on the tour.
Buses will load, depart and let off at First Street, on the side of the Mott Foundation Building at the corner of First St. and Saginaw St. The tour will begin at 8 a.m. and conclude at 12 p.m.
The event is FREE, with bus transportation provided by MTA.