ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED BUT YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP DAY OF THE EVENT AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
1. MOTT FOUNDATION BUILDING
2. FLINT FARMERS MARKET
3. THE WHITING
The Flint & Genesee Convention and Visitors Bureau is proud to announce its annual Be a Tourist in Your Home Town. This one-day event offers Flint & Genesee residents and non-residents the opportunity to experience what our community has to offer. For just $1.00 per person, tourists (participants) can visit and enjoy many different venues around Flint & Genesee. The Be a Tourist Passport is also valid for discounts at many restaurants in Downtown Flint. More than 25 Greater Downtown Flint area attractions have participated in past years.
Complimentary transportation between attractions will be provided by co-sponsor Mass Transportation Authority. Buses will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Download 'Be a Tourist' Program
2017 Attractions and Venues (By Route)
Walking Tour Route
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation Building/Brush Park (503 S. Saginaw Street, Flint 48502)
- MSU College of Human Medicine (200 E. First Street, Flint 48502)
- MTA Downtown Transportation Center (E. 2nd Street, Flint 48502)
- Ennis Center for Children (129 E. 3rd Street, Flint 48502)
- Flint Farmers’ Market (300 E. First Street, Flint 48502)
- Flint Handmade Summer Art & Craft Street Fair at Flint Farmers’ Market (300 E. First Street, Flint 48502)
- Ferris Wheel Building (615 S. Saginaw Street, Flint 48502)
- MW Gallery (815 S. Saginaw Street, Flint 48502)
- Greater Flint Arts Council (816 S. Saginaw Street, Flint 48502)
- McFarlan Veterans Memorial Park (located at E. 2nd Avenue, ML King Avenue, at Saginaw Street, Flint 48502)
- University of Michigan–Flint, Frances Willson Thompson Library & Genesee Historical Collections Center (303 E. Kearsley Street, Flint 48502)
- University of Michigan-Flint Recreation Center (401 Mill Street, Flint 48502)
- Food Bank of Eastern Michigan’s Hunger Solution Center (HSC) (2300 Lapeer Road, Flint 48503)
- Flint Public Library (1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint 48503)
- Flint Institute of Arts (1120 E. Kearsley Street, Flint 48503)
- Longway Planetarium (1310 E. Kearsley Street, Flint 48503)
- Applewood: The Charles Stewart Mott Estate (1400 E. Kearsley Street, Flint 48503)
- Genesee County Gospel Festival at the Meadows in the Flint Cultural Center Campus (1310 E. Kearsley Street, Flint 48503)
- Sloan Museum (1221 E. Kearsley Street, Flint 48503) - General admission is included with the Be a Tourist wristband. However, there is an additional reduced admission fee with your passport for the "Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition." Adults $7, seniors (60+) $6, and youth age 2-11 $6.
- The Whiting (1241 E. Kearsley Street, Flint 48503)
- EmFlower (1623 Beach Street, Flint 48503)
- Genesee County Parks For-Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum (2142 N. Genesee Road, Burton 48509)
- Edible Flint Demonstration Garden (located near Hurley Hospital at 5th and Begole streets, Flint 48503)
- Durant-Dort Factory One (303 W. Water Street, Flint 48503)
- Factory Two (129 N. Grand Traverse Street, Flint 48503)
- Stockton Center at Spring Grove Museum (720 Ann Arbor Street, Flint 48503)
- Totem Books (620 W. Court Street, Flint 48503)
- Superintendent’s Cottage (Beaver Drive, Flint 48503)
- Powers Catholic High School (1505 W. Court Street, Flint 48503)
- Knob Hill Bed & Breakfast (1105 South Drive, Flint 48503)
- UAW Sit Down Strike Memorial (1940 W. Atherton Road, Flint 48507)
- Flint Children’s Museum (1602 W. University Avenue, Flint 48504)
Participating restaurants(show your Be a Tourist wristband and receive 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages - June 15, 2017 only)
- 501 Bar and Grill – Open Noon to 11 p.m.
- Blackstone's Pub and Grill – Open Noon to 1 a.m.
- Café Rhema – Open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Churchill’s Food and Spirits – Open Noon to 2 a.m.
- Cork on Saginaw – Open 4 p.m. to Midnight
- Halo Burger (Saginaw Street location only) – Open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hoffman’s Deco Deli & Café – Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Market Tap (located in the Farmers' Market, 2nd floor) – Open Noon to Midnight
- Soggy Bottom Bar – Open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Table & Tap – Open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Tenacity Brewing – Open 3 p.m. to Midnight
- The Flint Crepe Company – Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Local Grocer – Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The Lunch Studio – Open 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Torch Bar and Grill – Open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Thank you to the organizations that have donated giveaways for the 2017 Be a Tourist event:
- Bavarian Inn Restaurant
- Bishop International Airport
- Greater Flint Arts Council
- Michigan Renaissance Festival
- Skateland Arena
- University of Michigan-Flint College of Arts & Sciences Theatre & Dance
- University of Michigan-Flint Recreation Center